Friday, October 20, 2017
The Great Lakes Bay Regional Alliance invites you to collaborate with colleagues from business, education, community and nonprofits on STEM talent pipeline strategies for preparing the workforce of the future. Join us Friday, October 20, 8am – 3pm.
Having a STEM-ready workforce is vital to our region’s success. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn about the issues impacting our ability to compete in the global economy and be part of creating a stronger future with STEM jobs at the forefront.
Gerald Solomon – Samueli Foundation Executive Director, CEO of Public Health Foundation Enterprises (PHFE) and Co-Chair of the STEM Funders Network – will be the keynote speaker.
During this day-long session we will:
- Learn about the progress made since the comprehensive STEM study conducted in the Great Lakes Bay Region
- Learn about business and education partnership solutions for creating a strong, STEM-ready workforce of the future
- Hear about the computer science/coding needs of the workforce
- Build the STEM Momentum in the Great Lakes Bay Region by featuring over 35 unique breakout sessions from regional, state and national presenters
- Hear about STEM opportunities and challenges facing our region’s young people
$50 General Admission
$25 Educator/ Non-Profit Admission (including K-12, college/university)
Registration deadline: October 13
To register, go to www.stempipeline.com
Teachers: Through the generous support of The Dow Chemical Company Foundation, the first 200 teachers to register will be eligible for a $100 substitute reimbursement for full-day attendance. Substitute reimbursement forms will be available upon registering.
ContactGreat Lakes Bay Regional Alliance
Website: Click to Visit
Save this EventiCalendar
Windows Live Calendar